Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Front Sight Height Consensus

emjei

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, emjei said:

For reference ( but like MemphisMechanic says ) camera angle changes the perspective a bit

.090Wide Sight

4ec79a2b26b3c7c18d111a81e948dc39.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks so much!  I decided on the .090 and ordered it Monday.  BSPS is out of them, but hoped to get them back in stock by the end of the week.

Seems like Dawson did it

.140T by .090

Hello,
We are doing a custom front sight that size. It should be done and have a regular part number some time next month.

3 hours ago, emjei said:

Seems like Dawson did it

.140T by .090

Hello,
We are doing a custom front sight that size. It should be done and have a regular part number some time next month.

Yes, I ordered 3 of them last week!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i went with the dawson 140 x 100 ordered it at PD and i have my rear sight clicked all the way down and my FO dot is on top of the target at 15 yards. am i doing things right? where do you guys put the point of impact at? pls help thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Gviz said:

hey guys i went with the dawson 140 x 100 ordered it at PD and i have my rear sight clicked all the way down and my FO dot is on top of the target at 15 yards. am i doing things right? where do you guys put the point of impact at? pls help thanks in advance

Sounds about the same as mine if I click it all the way down with the 140x100.  I'm up 3 or 4 clicks from there, POI is right at the tip of the sight post at 15 yards.  It's just personal preference if you like the dot covering target or tip of sight post.  

ill try that setting of yours next time i visit the range. thanks for the recommendation. cheers!

27 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

Sounds about the same as mine if I click it all the way down with the 140x100.  I'm up 3 or 4 clicks from there, POI is right at the tip of the sight post at 15 yards.  It's just personal preference if you like the dot covering target or tip of sight post.  

9 hours ago, Gviz said:

hey guys i went with the dawson 140 x 100 ordered it at PD and i have my rear sight clicked all the way down and my FO dot is on top of the target at 15 yards. 

As Tanfastic said, bring it up until the round lands right on top of the front sight for USPSA. I know a few guys who like it to hit a few inches over the top of the sight so that they can see what they're aiming at without the front blade obscuring it...

But most of us prefer the round landing right on top of the front post at 25yd. Your point of impact will be within .22" or so between there and 25 yards, if you run the ballistics on a 9mm.

Effectively dead on from 0-25yd ;) 

22 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

As Tanfastic said, bring it up until the round lands right on top of the front sight for USPSA. I know a few guys who like it to hit a few inches over the top of the sight so that they can see what they're aiming at without the front blade obscuring it...

But most of us prefer the round landing right on top of the front post at 25yd. Your point of impact will be within .22" or so between there and 25 yards, if you run the ballistics on a 9mm.

Effectively dead on from 0-25yd ;) 

Will do...