Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEO Turn in 226 in 40

Smitty79

After shooting USPSA, my favorite thing to do, with guns, is to take non-shooters to the range and let them try out a variety of hand guns. So far, all of my DA guns are CZs. As Sigs are popular and all over TV, so I decided to pick up an inexpensive 226.

I'll clean it and lube it before shooting it. I think I should probably re-spring it. I'm not trying to make this a competition gun. So real light springs aren't needed. I'd just like reliable function with my 172 PF hand loads. I'm also interested in what recoil spring weight should I use for 40 minor. What springs should I change on this gun? Are there any other parts that I should change proactively?

My duty gun is a SIG m11a1 (229) They have always ran like a champ and aside from a bit heavy DA trigger, I like them. They are bone stock and have only had to replace a trigger return spring in one and another had a grip panel crack (MSH area).

After shooting USPSA, my favorite thing to do, with guns, is to take non-shooters to the range and let them try out a variety of hand guns. So far, all of my DA guns are CZs. As Sigs are popular and all over TV, so I decided to pick up an inexpensive 226.

I'll clean it and lube it before shooting it. I think I should probably re-spring it. I'm not trying to make this a competition gun. So real light springs aren't needed. I'd just like reliable function with my 172 PF hand loads. I'm also interested in what recoil spring weight should I use for 40 minor. What springs should I change on this gun? Are there any other parts that I should change proactively?

Wolff has springs for all sorts of guns, including the Sig P226. They have heavier and lighter springs, as well as factory weight. https://www.gunsprings.com/SIG-SAUER%20(SIGARMS)/P-226/cID1/mID4/dID254