Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In Over My Head- Help with SP01 Upgrades

Reverendpdp

I posted this on the very informative Tuning 101 thread by the Professor, but I'm not sure how much exposure it will get, so decided to start a thread here. I ran into a problem on my do-it-yourself project. I have an SP01 manual safety that I installed a CGW Short Rest System (SRS-1), and RRK-D/C. Additionally, I replaced the hammer with a CZC comp version.

(https://czcustom.com...ion-Hammer.aspx)

I followed a few YouTube videos as well as the pics in the tuning thread. During the reassembly, everything worked fine, except that when I installed the mainspring, I lost the function of my safety. Prior to that the safety worked fine, clicking on both the up and down position.

With the slide on, the trigger functions both in the DA and SA modes, but as I said, my safety is stuck in the down position (fire). I'm trying to determine if this is a simple fix, or if I should go ahead and give it to my local smith. CGW told me to read the instructions carefully, and adjust the set screw. Only problem is I don't know which set screw they're referring to, and I have a tiny set screw that came in the packaging, but have no idea where it goes. It's smaller than the set-screw used for the trigger adjustment.

Can anyone offer any advice to this greenhorn that is in over his head?

Just like KA said, you'll have to fit it. You can take a rotary tool with a diamond tip bit, and fit the sear safety leg in mere moments. Very easy to do.

Edit: I would have chimed in sooner, but I was too busy buying one of Atlas' Shadows. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Edited by TJART