Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi Power Trigger...

joad78745

I have a Browning Hi Power that I would like to shoot in IDPA. I am 90% happy with it, except the trigger. It slaps the %@# out of my trigger finger. How can I fix this? Yes that stupid thing that keeps the mag from dropping free has been taken out. I am at my wits end. Will I have to monkey with the pistol's internals? Is there any way I can manipulate the trigger to prevent this? A any help/guidance/council would be appriciated.

Which trigger return spring (TRS) are you using? Which version P-35 are you using (Mark I, II, III)? Do you have a photo of the TRS? How many coils does it have, two (standard) or three (reduced power)?

If you have a Mark III, you already have the 3 coil reduced power TRS. If you have an earlier model, you can get Wolff part number 15070 to reduce the strength of the TRS.

Cylinder and Slide has a few options too if you want to check it out. http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=BHPspr

Edited by EdwinG

IMHO change trigger to wide combat from Cylinder and Slide.

That will take care of it. Will also remove the mag disconnect safety in doing that.

Mike

That trigger would have to be thinned slightly, I found it slightly wider than the trigger guard.

Edited by RePete