Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Activity fees?

Tim/GA

I have not been able to find any info on the Steel Challenge website, can anyone help out? With the new bays we are putting in at our club, the steel match MD (not me, I am USPSA MD) thinking about affiliating.

I know that our USPSA affiliation is all that is paid there, but what are the monthly activity fees? Per shooter, per gun, per stage?

Any info on classification? Will it cost more to turn in classification stages like in USPSA?

Thanks in advance, just trying to get him some info.

Tim

There are only 8 official stages in Steel Challenge. New ruling just came out requiring you to run at least 2 of them at a Tier 1 match for it to be sanctioned and therefore have your scores on any of the official 8 stages you run count for classification. But like Jdphotoguy said, it's simply $1 per shooter regardless of whether you do 2,3,4,5,6,7 or all 8 official stages at your match ....

50 guns; 2 official stages & 6 fun stages: you pay $50

50 guns; all 8 official stages: you pay $50

I have not been able to find any info on the Steel Challenge website, can anyone help out? With the new bays we are putting in at our club, the steel match MD (not me, I am USPSA MD) thinking about affiliating.

I know that our USPSA affiliation is all that is paid there, but what are the monthly activity fees? Per shooter, per gun, per stage?

Any info on classification? Will it cost more to turn in classification stages like in USPSA?

Which range? My son is stationed at Fort Stewart. Once you guys get up and running we'll come shoot. As others have mentioned it's $1.00 per gun for club, $2.50 per gun if you run a state championship and $5.00 per gun for Area level match.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will pass it on to the steel match MD and we will post if they decide to affiliate. I run the USPSA match on the 4th Sat., the steel match is on the 2nd Sat. We hold the matches at Coastal Georgia Gun Club http://coastalgagunclub.com/in Brunswick, GA. About hour and fifteen minutes down 95 from Hinesville (I teach in Hinesville but live down this way).

They are up in the air about affiliating but more of the shooters are getting into the going to the larger matches so the classification system will help with that. That said, I do know that they (I hope to shoot it some but usually am in Yulee, FL that day for USPSA) plan to shoot the standard stages and we just bought new steel for all 8 stages. The new bays we are putting in will be sized for the stages as well. The work starts on Monday. I am looking forward to the new and reworked bays for the USPSA matches as well!

Hey guys, quick question:

For those of you submitting SC "classifier" scores to USPSA, are you generating the ACTIVITY/CLASSIFIER REPORT from Practiscore and then uploading it to SCSA's website under Club Resources>Post/Edit Match Results? Then does it prompt you to pay the activity fee?

-this looks very similar to the way we upload the Activity/Classifiers for a USPSA match. Is so?

Thx