Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Czechmate Barrel Design

FTP_Shooting_Sports

Does anyone have a Czechmate with the new barrel design (extra material where slide stop goes through)?

If so, could you please post a picture here so I can see if CZ had to machine where the guide rod sits. It appears the new tapered design does not allow the guide rod to sit parallel to the barrel when in battery and my gunsmith believes a slot needs to be cut. CZ doesn't have one in Inventory to look at.

Thanks!

Thanks! Have you run this barrel in your gun? I have a replacement barrel with the new design and discovered that the slide does not go fully into battery as the guide rod is binding on the tapered portion of the barrel. CZ says a relief needs to be machined to allow the guide rod to sit parallel to barrel in battery. It doesn't appear yours has anything machined into it.

That's the spare barrel that came with, it hasn't been in the gun but it's supposedly pre-fit. You can see some machine marks in the radius portion of the barrel however, they run from just next to the notch all the way to the actual barrel. It looks like they used a relatively large diameter cutter to fit the radius. From other pictures I've seen there doesn't actually appear to be substantially more material, rather the redesign is the large radius to reduce stress risers.

Edited by busdriver02

CZ told me they evaluated both modifying the guide rod and modifying the barrel and decided it would be better to modify the barrel. I have yet to see evidence of one of these in the wild though.

Can anyone who received a Czechmate with the new barrel design verify if they have modified the guide rod or barrel?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a Czechmate with the new barrel design (extra material where slide stop goes through)?

If so, could you please post a picture here so I can see if CZ had to machine where the guide rod sits. It appears the new tapered design does not allow the guide rod to sit parallel to the barrel when in battery and my gunsmith believes a slot needs to be cut. CZ doesn't have one in Inventory to look at.

Thanks!

What did you end up doing to fix this?