Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone ever used one of these the less than $50 kit from Midway/Brownells? Ive seen some youtube videos and it appears relatively easy to do but im looking for some real personal reviews. Never painted with a spray gun and just curious how easy this kit is to use for a novice.

I did two guns. A rock island 1911, and a Smith and Wesson model 14 ppc revolver. Prep is important and I bought my spray gun from harbor freight the gravity fed low volume sprayer for about 15 dollars. Also bought a sand blaster gun/hose from tractor supply already had an air compressor. I am very happy with results. I baked in the oven. Stinks better do it when the significant other isn't home

Work quite well. Not as good as a professional job, but way cheaper.

Also don't try and fly with the stuff. :ph34r:

What in your opinion makes this not as good as professional? Of course practice makes pefect i suppose. I recently purchased blasting cabinet and have a professional spray gun. What are you guys using for blasting media? Ive seen aluminum oxide being used quite a bit

There are better paints than what they sell in the aerosol kits, but they require a good airbrush or spray gun set up.

KG coating (similar to Cerakote) is sold as an air dry or as a two pack heat dried product. Sold in 1L lots, which will last most of us forever.

The best results will always be with the best product prepped properly.

• 1 month later...