Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

missouri bullets hi-tek anyone using them

chuckpetree

I have shot some of their coated stuff in 9mm and 45acp. They load and shoot just fine, they are not the most cosmetically beautiful coated bullets I have used, but I dont really care about that part. If they have a weight or profile or price you like give them a try.

Ive shot a few thousand of them, both 124s and 147s. They are fine. I really like the 147s for 9mm. If you need to load long avoid the 124gr RN's as the OAL needs to be very short due to the profile of the bullet. I wanted to try the SWC's but never did. I went to Acme's last year, and havent looked back. Local company for me, so I support them, even if it costs me an extra cent per bullet.

I use their 125gr rnfp 140gr TC, and 158 RN in .38 special. They all work well, are reasonably accurate, and no leading. Sometimes I get a "burning insulation" smell but otherwise they work fine.

I'm trying 125gr SNS casting Round nose coated bullets for faster reloads. The 125gr SNS have shorter bearing surfaces than the Missouri 125 gr and average about 40 fps slower with the same powder charge.

Thanks guys. Just tried Some 148gr ppc2 hi-tek bullets from Missouri bullets the other day. Loaded with clays behind it with federal small pistol primers. Seated with the last groove at the mouth of the casing. Very light crimp. Sorry did not check overall length or fps. Shot good, little smoke. Never noticed any problems with coating, they may have fixed that now. Anyway, after sighting in at 25 yds. they were all in the bottom half of the x ring off hand. Good enough for me. 72 shots out of 72 shots in Xring at 25yds works.

I use their 125gr rnfp 140gr TC, and 158 RN in .38 special. They all work well, are reasonably accurate, and no leading. Sometimes I get a "burning insulation" smell but otherwise they work fine.

I'm trying 125gr SNS casting Round nose coated bullets for faster reloads. The 125gr SNS have shorter bearing surfaces than the Missouri 125 gr and average about 40 fps slower with the same powder charge.

Probably, the Missouri's have a weird bullet profile, and are sometimes refered to as "Fat Ball" :)