Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

34 gen 3 or gen 4

Cody_2130

Just get lots of mags :roflol:

I have no less than 5 mags for my XD and i just drop a mag every time I move from one shooting position to the next, unless it's two here, two at the next, two more, etc. I understand your point, but it adds a different element to the game. Now you have to strategize your reloads too. I dunno, I think it's fun and it adds a different challenge to it. I think the biggest deal is the scoring tho.

On Major scoring is like this:

A-5

B-4

C-4

D-2

On minor:

A-5

B-3

C-3

D-1

As you can see, you get really dinged for not shooting perfectly in Minor. At my club, they group Minor and Major in together for the other Divisions. So if you come out on top, you're probably shooting Major. In other words, nobody who shoots Minor wins prizes in Lim-10 and up. Production levels that field. The guy shooting his 45 is gonna score the same as you shooting your 9. That way it really boils down to accuracy and speed. And don't let anyone tell you accuracy is more important than speed either, they're both important, and if you're fast enough, you'll beat the guy with a course full of A's with your course full of C's.

Long post, sorry.

Get the gen 4 and Jäger RSA. As they mentioned in previous thread. For $30 more you got the extra mag and the grip extender with the bevertail to prevent slide bite and better grip

He already bought the gen 3

I'll probably shoot production for a match or two then go to limited, got a ton of parts to buy wither way

I'm in the same boat, but I have an XDm-9 too, so I'm not even gonna shoot my G35 until I get all the stuff to turn it into a competitive Limited gun. So many Magwell options :surprise:

Yeah, there are a ton of magwell options. I'll be open carrying the gun a fair bit so it won't be quite as wild as some of the limited guns out there but it should be fun to shoot. I'm not super concerned with how I place, just want to shoot and have fun

I have glocks in gen 3 and 4...

They sell grip adapters that fit similar to those that come stock on gen4s for gen 3s.

Just preference... I like the large adapter that came with my gen4 best... I had to cut the bottom of it off though, to fit my magwell. It was designed for gen3, haha

But, the gen3 adapter that I have on my other glock works just fine... Just looks ugly as hell.

There's more options for gen3 guide rod spring weights. I had to buy a gen3 rod and springs with a small adapter to fit in my gen4 34...

Shoots nice right now with 11lb spring. I've heard you can even stretch the 11lb a bit and cut a few coils off to make it softer... I might try that if I ever get bored and buy another spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by bigbob21

Heres what I ended up with, found a used and freshly re-parkerized G34 gen 3 locally for a killer price, grabbed a used Zev magwell and bladetech DOH holster. Still waiting on some better sights and an extended SS guide rod but its officially the first Glock I have ever enjoyed shooting

c1f0c8db-5111-4b34-b9c5-ba59daba7040_zps