Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 9200 very slow to load

BoyGlock

Im new in 3gn and testing my hunting 9200 before I decide what I will prefer for a fulltime shotgun for the sport. I find the 9200 very slow to load due to its needing to depress the bolt release button to open the loading gate for every shell to reload. Is there I can do to alter its mechanism so I wont have to hold the bolt release button down to reload? Shotgun smiths are not available in my place so I intend to diy. TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not familiar with the mechanism on that shotgun, so I can't suggest a fix. I will say that in three years of matches, I have yet to see one on the line, so there is probably a reason no one is using them. There are lots of solid guns known to be well suited to the game. Go to some matches, and chances are most guys will let you test out their shotgun for a few minutes. Decide which you like best, and go from there.

I had a 9200 to begin with. There is no way you can load efficient because you have to hold the bolt release for the lifter to depress. Could do it if you have to, but IMO you should find something a little more user friendly for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. 3 gun is a brand new sport in my place so I dont have anywhere to ask infos except here.

Where are you located? Maybe we know others in your area. But in the mean time you are in a good place to ask questions.