Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock comp.. what is this?

joshxdm9

6682f147943c77ae8236011cf69e70bd.jpg

(I believe) this is what he is referring to. You will need to drill the entire way through to the threaded area. Then enlarge the hole on the top (guide rod tube) to get the set screw head through. Then tap the remaining portion.

If you don't use a set screw you should be ok. The guide rod will index each shot, red locktight is STRONG stuff. Even with the heat.

It is up to you.

My advice, red locktight as advised by Bobby Carver on the installation instructions, and shoot a few matches, practice sessions. Put 30 rounds rapid through it. Then (with a thick glove on) check if the comp is loose. If it doesn't loosen then the locktight will be fine. If not a set screw is a simple and quick fix if you have a drill press and a tap set for whatever screw you use. You will want to mount the screw flush. The guide rod goes into the hole tunnel on the underside of the comp when the slide cycles. If your guide rod hits a set screw... things will go bad quick... Again, up to you. Just my 2c.

6682f147943c77ae8236011cf69e70bd.jpg

(I believe) this is what he is referring to. You will need to drill the entire way through to the threaded area. Then enlarge the hole on the top (guide rod tube) to get the set screw head through. Then tap the remaining portion.

If you don't use a set screw you should be ok. The guide rod will index each shot, red locktight is STRONG stuff. Even with the heat.

It is up to you.

My advice, red locktight as advised by Bobby Carver on the installation instructions, and shoot a few matches, practice sessions. Put 30 rounds rapid through it. Then (with a thick glove on) check if the comp is loose. If it doesn't loosen then the locktight will be fine. If not a set screw is a simple and quick fix if you have a drill press and a tap set for whatever screw you use. You will want to mount the screw flush. The guide rod goes into the hole tunnel on the underside of the comp when the slide cycles. If your guide rod hits a set screw... things will go bad quick... Again, up to you. Just my 2c.

That's what i was thinking, try the locktite let it set up for a good 24-48 hours and ginger it whirl.

Thanks

Just be sure there is a slight gap between the slide and comp when the gun is in battery. Use a feeler gauge or a sheet of paper to check for clearance. My carver comp was touching the slide. I simply sanded down the back end of the comp until I got a little clearance. I think I removed 0.005" to 0.007" with sandpaper. Just place the sand paper on a solid smooth flat surface when running the comp against it.

That's strange, my Carver 3-port has a hole on the bottom where Open1215 circled. I just ran a bit down through it. I was never able to keep mine from slipping with just Loctite.

Any chance you to post a pic?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? I was wondering how it all worked out. Carver says the three port will run on factory ammo. Can any of you guys that run the 3 port confirm this? I just built a gun with a Carver 4 port and can tell you first hand that it doesn't jive well with fast burning powders. I am looking for another comp so I can run my production loads in this gun, 125 gr over N320 at 130ish pf. While I know it's not going to be the optimal load I would rather go this route over setting up another tool head to load 9 minor open specific ammo. Does the 3 port have any trouble running WWB or equivalent, i.e. fast burning powders?

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? I was wondering how it all worked out. Carver says the three port will run on factory ammo. Can any of you guys that run the 3 port confirm this? I just built a gun with a Carver 4 port and can tell you first hand that it doesn't jive well with fast burning powders. I am looking for another comp so I can run my production loads in this gun, 125 gr over N320 at 130ish pf. While I know it's not going to be the optimal load I would rather go this route over setting up another tool head to load 9 minor open specific ammo. Does the 3 port have any trouble running WWB or equivalent, i.e. fast burning powders?

I have not shot it yet. It Is Off To Get Cerakoted:) I have some 147gr plated round nose with 3.5gr of n320 I will try but also set up another tool head to load a 115gr hp with 3n38. When I get it back I will report back on how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...