Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable seating die

18 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

I've been wanting to get a Redding comp bullet seater for a while now. Do they work good on a 650. Using a Lee seater right now. 

Take this for what its worth but I actually got more oal variance with the $80 micrometer seating die I tried. When I started reading about others getting the same results and taking the spring out, etc, etc to get consistent results I sold it. I bought the redding PRO seater instead and love it. It has fine threads for easy adjustment, it just lacks the $50 worth of guts found in the micrometer die.

But, yes, any standard die fits the Dillon 650

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Take this for what its worth but I actually got more oal variance with the $80 micrometer seating die I tried. When I started reading about others getting the same results and taking the spring out, etc, etc to get consistent results I sold it. I bought the redding PRO seater instead and love it. It has fine threads for easy adjustment, it just lacks the $50 worth of guts found in the micrometer die.

So the pro seater is like the Lee with the adjustment on top. 

28 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

I've been wanting to get a Redding comp bullet seater for a while now. Do they work good on a 650. Using a Lee seater right now. 

3 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

So the pro seater is like the Lee with the adjustment on top. 

I guess. I have never seen a LEE up close. Redding is $30 from midway. It locks down with a Dillon lock nut then has the knurled knob with lock ring to make fine adjustments