Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

help finding replacement sights on S & W 1911 performance center

chuffysplace

I own the new S & W 1911 Performance center 1911. The full size one with the blue G10 grips and the slide cuts. Great gun, but I'm looking for a replacement rear sight. something not as wide and blocky as the one that came on the gun. I prefer Heine ledge straight 8 sights or similar. Something for quicker target acquisition. Even an adjustable is fine if it is dog-eared. I'm not sure what will fit, as the cut on the slide doesn't look like a standard novak. I asked a few gunsmiths and they said the same thing (although I called S & W and they said it was). So I'm a little confused. If anyone can provide some help it would be appreciated. Or if you have the same gun and have changed sights already, please let me know what you put on (pictures are great if you have them). Thanks.

ah ok i thought it was just me! It's a shame regarding the sights (for me). I hope I can address the rear sight issue. I really like the gun. My favorite pet 45 load for this gun is a 3.7 310 with a 200 grain LSWC and an 11 lb variable rate recoil spring. It works well in this gun, maybe it's the slide cuts that help it run so well, I'm not sure. I have tried many loads, they all work well. With that spring and this load, this is the softest shooting 45 1911 I have ever shot. My friends that shot it thought the same.

Hello: I am having a similar problem with the Sig Max I have. The sight on mine is a Kensight night sight. I am going to give Kensight a call next week if they have anything that will fit. The standard LPA sight from Dawson will not fit but it will fit a Springfield? I would give Kensight a call, Dawson as well. Thanks, Eric