Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns For 3 Gun

recon215

I don't have factory basepads now...I have Arrendondo pads/kits. Question was should I keep the S&A magwell and these, perfect running 18 round mags or install the Dawson Ice and go with his pads/kits? The Gramms will work with the current magwell, not with the Ice, and I only gain 1 round over the Dawson pads..Thinking Dawson pads and the Ice magwell..

Keep the S&A and go with the Gramms. Get the Gramms followers too. Starting a stage with 21 + 1 rounds in the gun means lots of stages without a reload! Don't load your re-load mags with 21 thou, it is hard to seat them under the clock.

jj

Keep the S&A and go with the Gramms. Get the Gramms followers too. Starting a stage with 21 + 1 rounds in the gun means lots of stages without a reload!  Don't load your re-load mags with 21 thou, it is hard to seat them under the clock.

jj

So, you saying to replace them ALL with gramms or just 1 to start a stage with? It's gonna get real expensive to replace all 5@ $50 each... :blink: Current mags run great and hold 18 for reloads..

Thanks for the reply! ;)

Shoot your what?

You guys shoot the 1st Sunday of the month right?

Since it will come with only 1 choke, which would be the best bet?

Any other gear I should look into?

If you need a rifle or shotgun to shoot, just bring some 12ga and .223 ammo and there will be plenty of ARs, Benellis, Remingtons, etc to shoot.

First Sunday registration 9:30-10:30 and shooting at 10:30.

I shoot IC 99% of the time, but if I could only have one choke, Modified would be the most practical.

Come shoot it once and decide for yourself if you need/want other gear-you already have the essentials.

Hey fo,

If all I have for a barrel on my benelli is this 27" comped barrel, is it ok to shoot it or do I have to stay within the same class/division on all my guns for your matches? i will shoot my para p16, ar w/irons, but will by no means be shooting open in all catagories! If shotgun and the others are scored individually as per what the gun is then I will take out the comped barrel and see ifit shoots this wallyworld special shotgun ammo i just bought! ;) Going to need shotgun ammo holders of some sort, going to see if 3gungear is open today to order a new sidesaddle as well as a holder for the front stock. figure 7 on receiver and 6 on front stock shouldwork fine. Any ideas on this? Do need at least 1 belt holder though and have no idea wtf to get. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! C'ya next sunday Fo ! Not sure if latewatch is coming though, think he has to work next weekend.If so, I will make the trek alone, not the firsttime this has happened..hehehe drove to the Carolinas many times before to shoot area 6 and both state matches before.

Thanks forthe help in advance!!!

If all I have for a barrel on my benelli is this 27" comped barrel, is it ok to shoot it or do I have to stay within the same class/division on all my guns for your matches?

If any one of your firearms is Open, then you'll be scored in Open Division for the match, as the scoring is done on an aggregate basis for each Division, meaning, there is no separate Open, Limited, Tactical Division winners for Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol.

Going to need shotgun ammo holders of some sort, going to see if 3gungear is open today to order a new sidesaddle as well as a holder for the front stock. figure 7 on receiver and 6 on front stock shouldwork fine. Any ideas on this? Do need at least 1 belt holder though and have no idea wtf to get.

Mark will take care of you. Tell him what you have, what you are planning to do and he'll recommend the correct stuff.

If all I have for a barrel on my benelli is this 27" comped barrel, is it ok to shoot it or do I have to stay within the same class/division on all my guns for your matches?

If any one of your firearms is Open, then you'll be scored in Open Division for the match, as the scoring is done on an aggregate basis for each Division, meaning, there is no separate Open, Limited, Tactical Division winners for Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol.

Going to need shotgun ammo holders of some sort, going to see if 3gungear is open today to order a new sidesaddle as well as a holder for the front stock. figure 7 on receiver and 6 on front stock shouldwork fine. Any ideas on this? Do need at least 1 belt holder though and have no idea wtf to get.

Mark will take care of you. Tell him what you have, what you are planning to do and he'll recommend the correct stuff.

David,

Thanks for the fast reply, but my question was based on Fo's match only. I was told it don't matter if I shoot an open shotgun and limited pistol/rifle at his match. Yeah I know Mark will take care of me but looks like I gotta wait till Tuesday to even order... :o dont want to have to spend extra to have it shipped faster...

QUOTE(RiggerJJ @ May 27 2005, 05:47 PM)

Keep the S&A and go with the Gramms. Get the Gramms followers too. Starting a stage with 21 + 1 rounds in the gun means lots of stages without a reload!  Don't load your re-load mags with 21 thou, it is hard to seat them under the clock.

jj

So, you saying to replace them ALL with gramms or just 1 to start a stage with? It's gonna get real expensive to replace all 5@ $50 each...  Current mags run great and hold 18 for reloads..

Of course that is your choice. Either go with the most of the most, the most you can with one, or use what you have.

jj

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, just picked up my other tube for my benelli from my old stuff at my parents house. It holds 10 rounds, which will give me 12 in the gun should I shoot an open shotgun. Soooooooooo, where can I pick up an 8 round tube to replace my 7 rounder? This is an older gun, which has had the original tube cut in the threads, so I need 1 that will work on this older gun, not a newer 1.

Thanks