Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Differences

eboadway

My stock II's, serial # MT15xxx vs. MT18xxx have a few differences.

Newer model has:

More aggressive checkering
Shorter barrel
cc8835b1-d8a8-4182-8e45-4a737c066a43.jpg
Different hammer(heavier, not heart-shaped)
A24EA57B-DD01-4F08-A3C5-C79BBF303F5F.jpg
LPA, fully serrated rear sight (older one only partially serrated, not LPA)

No deal-breakers, just some interesting changes. I got the second one for $855 so I'm not complaining. :)

Edited by eboadway

Interesting. I definitely noticed the less effective checkering on my Stock I got during the craze. Part of me things they started rushing to get them manufactured when the demand and pricing was so high, so quality dropped off a bit. Now that things have slowed down, maybe the quality is returning to normal. That barrel does look surprisingly long. If you stick something down it and measure it to the breach face, how long does it measure? I wonder too if they changed the hammer to improve ignition. The titan is heavier, so maybe they intentionally made the factory hammer heavier? It also looks cheaper to manufacture in the newer style... I've only ever seen the sights that came on your newer gun, I was under the impression the partially serrated rear sights were considerably older and no longer come on tanfos.

I compared my two Stock IIs (sequential serial MT180XX) and they have the shorter barrel and more aggressive checkering compared to a buddy's tanfo's that are an earlier production (his sights are the older partially serrated LRA sights). I also have the newer hammer and LPA rear sight.