Seems to be a pretty good one

Barrel is only under clocked about 1 degree

forcing cone is basically as straight as any of my old smith's

Gap is .006 on every chamber

No discernible end shake to speak of

hammer cocks and falls straight and in the middle with in a .001

installed my new rear sight

Trigger pull was fairly smooth but way too heavy

fixed that with a spring kit for now and will shoot a 1000 or so rounds and then get serious about making it run really well

I was surprised to see TK moon clips in the little bag, almost didn't even look at them cause I was told they were just stamped junk ones.

Going to the range tomorrow and shoot it a bunch with a couple of proved loads in 38 special and 38 Short Colt.

Glad I got this one now, cause the wife went gun shopping in the safe and put dibs on my other one!!!!

Only bitch to date is the chamfer on the inside edge of a couple of chambers is lacking and my practice loads are hanging up once in a while on them. That will get fixed shortly with some judicious honing.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

jcc7x7

I use both the stamped TK and the EDMs. Stamped are for practice and EDMs are for matches. I have enough to shoot the Steel Challenge without having to reload moons during the match.

Glad you 627 is so nice. Trigger will improve but sending it to Apex Tactical you can have a real nice 4 - 4.5 lb trigger. TK does good trigger work as well.

250 rounds through it today

200 38 Spec 160 bayou loads

40 38 Sht Colt 160 Bayou loads

10 357 Mags (they were the first ten with jacketed bullets just for fun.

Good accuracy with every thing

38 spec load shot several 50cent piece size groups at 17 yds (that's were I sight most stuff in for uspsa and icore local)

did more drills with it than anything to get used to the trigger, mostly present and fire 2 shots)

38 short colts same accuracy

Couple of 50 yd cyl. full at icore target, kept them in the A zone but was shooting slowly DA

Shot about 40 WHO trying to get used to the trigger weak hand, kept them in the middle going smooth= slow

Very content to date with the 627

Edited by jcc7x7