Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New tanfo SPA, with pics!

nydde

Hello!

First I need to thank everyone on the forums, I have been lurking here for a while and have been reading up alot.

I just got my new Stock 2 AU (longer version) put 150 rounds thru it or so. Like it alot!

Needed to make it my own tho, I like tinkering.. There were some marks inside the frame that I wanted fixing.

I also orderd some parts. I was not a fan of the wood so I get som snassy red grips aswell.

cos I love speding money apparently :)

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin

Xtreme Guide Rod 2.0 LONG

Xtreme Firing Pin Spring MEDIUM

Xtreme Hammer Spring MEDIUM

Recoil Spring 56AA, 8,72 Lb

I started with taking it all appart and got some burrs off etc, used mostly small handfiles but also a dremmel. After that it was time for the ultasonic cleaner loaded up with kerosene and some CLP in plastic bag.

23320602370_507e8166c0_b.jpg

After a quick blast of air and some drying I let the parts take a bath in gun oil.

22989241563_30afd2bdbc_b.jpg

I let the parts rest in the oil over night to give the pores a chanse to get real lubed up

23248368999_0beaf97162_b.jpg

After a full nights bath i wiped everything down.

Ready for the range! :)

23507724432_82f16a1dae_b.jpg
Edited by nydde

I am visiting Florida soon and was hoping to get one from EAA who are the US distributor but so far no email response and also no response from the Malaysia dealer here! Sounds like Tanfo is so hot there is no stock !?

I am visiting Florida soon and was hoping to get one from EAA who are the US distributor but so far no email response and also no response from the Malaysia dealer here! Sounds like Tanfo is so hot there is no stock !?

I dont know about the US but they are easy to get here Sweden/europe. Good luck hope you find one!

I'm also a Swede and my Tanfoglio purchase was not overly easy. I ordered a new one through my dealer, on order he checked with the factory and they said they had them i stock and promised 2-3 weeks delivery. 8 weeks later they say, sorry we don't have them in stock, but we expect to send one from a new batch out to you at the end of January. All according to the dealer, I don't really know... Anyway, I canceled and hunted down a second hand one instead. Same model as yours, Xtreme trigger, guide rod, fp, sear, Titan hammer, Dawson FO front sight etc but original wooden grips. Ordered and tried the xtreme grips but they were too thin and flat for me (never thought I'd say that).

What disciplines are you shooting with yours? I see you're using the mediums springs. I managed to keep above 1,36 kg SA trigger with the light springs, but have only shot some 50 rounds since so jury's still out on reliable ignition.

Nice! Its set up for IPSC production but will prob to some "fält" aswell for fun at my club. Mine pulls 2100g SA atm and its brand new so im going to wait and so were it settles so i dont over shoot on the lightness. But we will see only have about 150 rounds on it so far

You can do a lot just with springs too. The plunger spring did a lot for me, although I used it to actually increase trigger weight. :)

Go easy with the dremel and polish if you're going for Production. Those things can put you in Standard... :ph34r:

I just do "fält" and bullseye atm, but I'm going to get into IPSC and try out PPC as well as soon as I get the opportunity. The intro courses are pretty far between up here in the north...

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! What is the benefit to the overnight oil bath? I've never heard of that

No idea if its needed or even beneficial :P

But I do know that after a ultra sonic cleaning the pores in the steal is cleand/open and it is very likly to rust. So lub after the cleaning is a must. So I thought every thing thats worth doing is worth over doing :)