Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Challenge

MBaneACP

Been a while since I posted, but today was a good day. My physical therapist said I do not have to wear the massive right knee/leg brace while I'm walking in the house! That's after only 9 weeks rehab from quite literally destroying my right knee--while in the queue for knee replacement surgery, I took a hard fall on a steep hiking trail. Because I am an idiot, I forced myself to get up, them fell again, harder. The tendons holding my quad to mt right kneecap ripped apart with such force that chunks of the kneecap itself were torn out.

Emergency surgery...the whole enchilada. It has been painful (LOL! Understatement alert!), but I have followed the advice of my dear friend Mike Seeklander--"Push. Then push harder!" My plan is to be at SHOT, then have the knee replacement surgery the Monday after. Then back to rehab.

I am reminded that those lessons I've learned shooting translate into real life. Focus. Intensity. The willingness to keep pushing when that little voice in your head says, "Why the hell are you doing this?" So the short story is I like having friends like Seeklander, and Mike Janich, and Tom Yost, and Joyce Wilson, and Mark Passamaneck, who won't let me get away with slacking off.

Thank you, and see you on the range.

Michael B