Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell repair

n0glock

I detail stripped and cleaned a stock Gen 1, 17 after I got it all back together I had a small piece of plastic sitting on the bench. It turned out to be off of the front corner of the magwell, about the size of a dime cut in half. If you put it back on it fits without even a line. My question is what is the best glue/epoxy to use to repair this ?

This gun is new to me and was reported to have had a rough life. I did not notice any cracking but I really was not looking at the mag well. I was checking everything out as the last owner reported an accidental discharge they felt was related to the firearm. Mechanically it is good. I am a Glock Armorer. Amazingly enough they do not cover how to glue a Glock in the class. I do not want to send it in to Glock and end up with a Gen III lower.

You want Devcon 290.

It's a black plastic epoxy. You could actually even use it to completely fill a dime sized hole, and then sand it down and polish it if you had to. It's a bit hard to find and isn't the cheapest stuff out there but it should give you the results you are looking for. It only gives you about the minute of work time before it starts to set but the advantage is you can sand in as little as five minutes.

Edited by alma

• 2 weeks later...