Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czc wide LHS on TS with thumb rest issues

magpulled

I just had a thumb rest and czc wide safety on my TS. The problem is that there isn't really enough room to disengage the safety while riding the thumb rest. Has anyone encountered this issue before. Trying to decide if I should remove some material off the safety or just go back to stock. Let me know what yalls thoughts are.

I ran into that problem on my CM. I ended up trimming the forward outside corner of the safety a very small amount (really just rounded off the corner) and then thinned the forward edge of the safety by removing material from the bottom. Hopefully the picture says it better than I do.

post-59794-0-02620100-1448548048_thumb.j

Thanks bus driver. That does give me an idea of what needs to be done

I had the same issue when using the DAA adjustable thumb rest. I rounded the front corner of the safety as discussed. Not much needed to come off. It works perfectly now and took about 5 minutes.

I took it to a belt sander after lunch yesterday and a couple passes later it's perfect. Thanks for he input. Headed to the range today and gonna try out new springs and break it in a little. The slide to frame fit is a little tight from the cerakote.

Just left bay 8 a while ago. I'd have loved to see it in person.

I was there. I usually go to the back 40 when I shoot. I left about 3:30. Come shoot Sunday and I'll bring it but will shoot production because I'm having holster issues.

Just left bay 8 a while ago. I'd have loved to see it in person.

I was there. I usually go to the back 40 when I shoot. I left about 3:30. Come shoot Sunday and I'll bring it but will shoot production because I'm having holster issues.

Planning on being there, good Lord, baby and wife willing.