Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reshooting classifiers

Dr Mitch

Thanks for the insight :)

As long as the classifier database is not being constantly adjusted to place shooters into a bell curve based on the times from all recent classifier submissions, I am fine with others reshooting as many times as they like, because we are competing with just some numbers, not other shooters in these classifiers :)

IIRC, in every issue of Front Sight magazine, there is maybe a third of a page to maybe a half a page dedicated to recognize the new Master and Grand Master classed shooters. It lists their name and USPSA member number. Maybe their location too, but I am not for sure on that.

So it seems that after every new series of classifiers comes out (i.e. the CM 13-XX series, where 13 is the year), that list of new M's and GM's just all of a sudden gets longer. It would seem that the high hit factors were set too low, at least at first.

I have said this several times before in these threads, but I reckon it should be like looking up the world records for the 200 meter dash or the long jump or the high jump. The "bar" has already been set by somebody else. USPSA.org's website should make it easy for anybody to see where that is.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic