Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me your STI grip reductions.

thermobollocks

I picked up a spare polymer STI grip to do a little filing to see if I can get it skinnier. Aside from not taking off enough to break the grip or bind up the magazine, anything else I should know? I don't plan on stippling it -- texture isn't an issue, since I've already grip taped the factory one. I still find that I can't squish the little jerk as hard as I'd like with the angles involved.

So, show me what you've got and/or tell me what you did.

Not a tremendous reduction, but I can still tell a difference.

Before:

IMG_3179_zpsfu1zicx9.jpg

After:

20150802_180510_zps6vqfd1te.jpg

After some additional parts:

20150806_191147_zpshn5w3zai.jpg

I used a dremel sanding drum to smooth out all of the original texture, then I went back and undercut the trigger guard, shaped the groove where my strong hand middle finger sits, then stippled it.

I'm equally conflicted between trying to get nasty with a thumb and trigger finger scoop and just keeping it simple. That said, I'm going to play with the factory grip a bit more tomorrow and see if the current grip is workable. Nice guns -- the cool part about modular grips is you don't have to worry about dorking up an Infinity :D

Did you stippled the whole entire grip or just the side? I'm sorry, but I can't see the whole angle from of your picture. Thanks and you did a great job on that stippling.

Are you asking me or trp?

You, Sorry that my question did not went to your original post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by tanfoglio1911

Did you stippled the whole entire grip or just the side? I'm sorry, but I can't see the whole angle from of your picture. Thanks and you did a great job on that stippling.

You, Sorry but my question did not went to your original post.

Thanks, I did the entire grip, even the mainspring housing (I stippled it, then removed it while it was still hot, before it hardened into one piece with the grip). Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the underside or the MSH.

You, Sorry but my question did not went to your original post.

Thanks, I did the entire grip, even the mainspring housing (I stippled it, then removed it while it was still hot, before it hardened into one piece with the grip). Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the underside or the MSH.
Thanks and appreciate your advice. I might gonna do it this weekend. I was looking on something to use for stippling and think about a nail to use it as a tip but did not turn out good on my trial. I've done a lot of stippling on my Glock but not on my STI's. Is that just a regular metal screw that you used as tip?

Thanks and appreciate your advice. I might gonna do it this weekend. I was looking on something to use for stippling and think about a nail to use it as a tip but did not turn out good on my trial. I've done a lot of stippling on my Glock but not on my STI's. Is that just a regular metal screw that you used as tip?

Correct. It started as a regular zinc plated flat head machine screw like this:

41vTMl9q5uL._SX342_.jpg

I used a dremel to grind down the head to the size and shape I wanted, then chucked it in a drill to sand down the shank to fit inside the soldering iron.

Correct. It started as a regular zinc plated flat head machine screw like this:

41vTMl9q5uL._SX342_.jpg

I used a dremel to grind down the head to the size and shape I wanted, then chucked it in a drill to sand down the shank to fit inside the soldering iron.

Thank you. I will try to post my finish grip here next time.