Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm Elite Match Recoil Spring question.

himurax13

I picked up a 10mm Elite Match slide for a good deal earlier this year. It also came with a Sprinco guide rod.

Can I use a regular recoil guide rod spring with it?

The load I have been working up is a 180g (183g) Bear Creek Flat Point going roughly 1260 fps so that puts me at a 230 PF.

I obviously need a stronger recoil spring but I am unsure what the range of weights would be for my situation. I would hate to get a 20 lb recoil spring and be unable to rack the slide, lol.

Edited by himurax13

You can run as soft as a spring as you want with that setup. The Sprinco just slows the slide down for the last part of the stroke.

Or you can run a standard guide rod, but I found that with a 20lb spring the slide slams shut so hard that I was worried about the slide catch pin failing. That's why I put the Sprinco in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping not to have to go to the 22 or whatever spring I have. As it sits, my brass is flying at least 40 feet before touching the ground.

I think that's what 10mm do, low orbit seemed even with 175PF still brass traveled far 25+ft using 18lb recoil spring

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cut your ejector down. I did a pretty non-scientific test... it makes a difference.

Thanks for the info,I hate loosing 10mm brass its only brand new brass I ever bought ,be nice to keep it in the same county,lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk