Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone fired 9mm Major with no comp?

Foxbat

Ain't no .357SIG load on the planet going to make 1,800 fps with a 125 gr out of a pistol, especially not WW stuff, it's about 1,300 fps out of a 5". My practice load for my G31's is a 125 Montana Gold JHP on top of 7.8 grains of BE-86 at 1.140" and it goes about 1,400 fps with the OEM barrel. Where does 1.160" come from? That's too long.

Bling Loads, RP nickel

image37017.jpg

Edited by 9x45

Ain't no .357SIG load on the planet going to make 1,800 fps with a 125 gr out of a pistol, especially not WW stuff, it's about 1,300 fps out of a 5".

I bet you have never caught a 200lb fish in your pond either! :)

Oh... them stories!

I have used the standard 38 Super ammo in non-compensated gun, plus plenty of .357Sig, but has anyone fired a 9 Major that way?

Curious about the impressions. Is there even a gun capable of that? Would a Glock 31 with a 9mm conversion barrel be able to do it safely?

Yes, the G31 can do it. I have a KKM conversion and have run my buddies Open Major 9mm loads thru it. The conversion barrel is .022" larger in outside diameter than a stock G17, meaning the same ID and OD as the .357SIG OEM barrel, and the rear tab is also about .020" thicker than the OEM G17. Even though .357SIG was approved for Limited Major, using a 9mm conversion to make major would save some $$$ on brass.

Edited by 9x45