Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EG small parts worth it?

waktasz

I picked up a cheap Witness steel recently that will arrive this week. I need to put in an order for springs, sights, etc from Eric. Are there any Extreme parts I should eye up? Do any of them have any advantage over the stock parts? I will probably get the one piece sear and one of the hammers, along with all the springs, etc. Should I get any of the other ones or are they just polished stock parts?

I tried a sear for the Stock II. They're hard chrome and feel slick to the touch. Definitely slick vs. stock black (drags) but I would say polished works just fine. Since we aren't supposed to polish the sear I thought EG part makes sense. I would say the HC 1pc sear with Titan hammer feels more crisp than the 1pc sear I had in a Limited Pro with the same Titan hammer. If I already had a 1pc sear I wouldn't upgrade to the HC version but the Stock II came with that weird 2pc sear and short .500 firing pin block.

One piece xtreme sear, titan (or delta) hammer,xtreme guide rod and firing pin along with "light" springs or 13# wolff spring.

You can go wild or not. Most of the xtreme parts are only needed to get reliability with the lightest springs for the lightest trigger possible.