Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 945

twix

Does anyone know if this Smith takes regular 1911 mags? Especially McCormack or Wilson 10 rounders. Any other thoughts or opinions on using this gun for L10 would be appreciated. I have a chance to trade some stuff for one and should get to shoot it in three days, when I need to make a decision.

Smith & Wesson 8 round mags only ---- and they need to be for the 945, which has the mag release cut in a different place than the 4506 mags.  It's the same tube, just with an extra cut.  A friend of mine shoots one in L10 and really likes the gun.  Good Luck!

I did see at time not to long ago 10 mags for that gun.  They were on sell on USPSA or some other auction sire.   If recall the seller said they were from another SW gun but with the notch cut in another location.    

Nice gun but where do you get 10 rd mags.   You could call the PC shop at SW, and see what they say.

I have a PC 945 and know that SW does not make 10 round mags for it. The mags that come with it are stamped 945 only. It will not take 1911 mags.

I sent a mag to ProMag to see about having a 10 round mag made.

It works but needs a little fine tuning.

I do believe that ProMag will be making these mags due to the growing interest.

Hope this helps.

I like mine!!!!!

(Edited by Avalanche at 7:22 pm on Jan. 22, 2002)