Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BlueTooth Adapter for CE ProChrono Digital

I am not the best at keeping good records and there are normally al lot of yellow stickies on my targets and notes on the back... I have been using the computer USB attachment for the chronograph, but I just got the BT adapter and use the phone to keep the records - very nice! it also allowed me to print out the results nicely, then I cut out the largest and taped them onto the blank space and scan them back it! I have attached a workup and now I can put one copy in a binder and the digital one in a cloud storage like Dropbox, iCloud, etc.

post-58813-0-14738700-1443383864_thumb.p

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got my Bluetooth adapter today. Set it up and took it out side to try with a Nerf pistol. This thing is very handy. This will beat having to wait for other shooters to be finished before going and changing strings.

Couple of questions:

1. The Prochrono will record 99 shots per string. Will keep going past 99 shots on the app so you don't have to delete the string or change strings on the chrono?

2. Does a flashing red power led mean to change batteries?

Since its a nice day today and my spouse has to work, me and the kids hit the back yard with a nerf gun and chrono. We tried a couple of different things. Set up a new shot list, switched between shot lists and let the kids fire as many darts as they wanted to retrieve.

As a gadget geek, the Bluetooth adapter is fantastic. Enter projectile weight and it spits out the power factor for each shot. It has line items for high, low and avg power factor. You can switch back and forth between shot lists and add or subtract shots. You can also create duplicate lists with the same info from the original list. Thus is helpful for using the same load on multiple days and keeping data separate.

It automatically populates the date and time for each shot based on the date and time your recording device is set for. The range is also good up to the length of my backyard, about 30 feet.

One issue is that bullet weight is to the integer, no decimal points. If CED made this change, I could see this setup giving the M2 a run at matches for chrono with an iPad or kindle.

I still have to get it out to the range for some real live fire tests, but its been fun and convenient to play with.