Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm soft load

bret

I run a very similar load in my stock Gen 4 Glock 17 and 19. 147 gr SNS Casting (coated) bullet, 3.6 gr WSF at 1.135 OAL. Extremely soft shooting and accurate. 3.4 gr WSF will cycle my Glocks reliably, but you may need to a little more powder to cycle a Glock 34. I use N320 as well, but the recoil is sharper with the same bullets. 3.2 gr N320 at 1.135 OAL pushing a 147 gr bullet.

WSF is softer shooting than N320? Interesting, I wouldn't have guessed that; I haven't tried WSF yet. I've been using that same load with N320, 3.2gr @ 1.135" with 147gr coated lead and it feels pretty soft to me.

Get the Gen 4 Stainless Steel guide rod from Jager.

http://jagerproducts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35

I have one of the Jager guide rods and it works well, but I'd recommend the Zev extended, uncaptured rod since it's easier to change springs on it and he might want to swap between 11lb and 13lb if shooting some sub-minor loads during practice. It also adds a little more weight up front, but still would make weight for Production. You would need one of those Gen 4 to Gen 3 conversion rings though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/192675/zev-technologies-extended-guide-rod-glock-17l-24-34-35-stainless-steel?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I run a very similar load in my stock Gen 4 Glock 17 and 19. 147 gr SNS Casting (coated) bullet, 3.6 gr WSF at 1.135 OAL. Extremely soft shooting and accurate. 3.4 gr WSF will cycle my Glocks reliably, but you may need to a little more powder to cycle a Glock 34. I use N320 as well, but the recoil is sharper with the same bullets. 3.2 gr N320 at 1.135 OAL pushing a 147 gr bullet.

WSF is softer shooting than N320? Interesting, I wouldn't have guessed that; I haven't tried WSF yet. I've been using that same load with N320, 3.2gr @ 1.135" with 147gr coated lead and it feels pretty soft to me.

WSF burns slower than N320, so the recoil impulse is more of a push than a snap. It's subjective, but WSF feels softer to me. WSF is also more accurate out of my Glocks than N320.

124 either Extreme or Acme with 2.8 grains of Titewad is the softest load I have tried. However, I am not sure how it will work with a G34, but it works extremely well with my Walther PPQ's, in both barrel lengths. Just had this past Sunday one of our range officers shot a few and he was absolutely stunned how soft this load is; he said this would be perfect for his girl. Very little recoil, not snappy at all. Will try it in my G34 in the next days.

Tried it in the G34 today, no luck, didn't cycle. Works perfect in the PPQ's, though.

Edited by RudyVey