Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP LMOS-Complete bcg vs Carrier

TyinTX

This guy supposedly invented or supplied the JP enhanced bolt and he will tell you the JP enhanced bolt is not longer enhanced... I have 3 JP's with zero issues but I am no Keith Garcia

http://www.leitner-wise.com/products/upper-receiver-service-package

Edited by Paul-the new guy

That is a hard question that really depends on the size of your wallet. I use both the JP low mass and full mass carriers with their enhanced bolts. There is no doubt they are superior to a std mil spec bolt in material, finish and certain design features. They work every time I pull the trigger but I could stick a mil spec bolt in there and I'm sure it would too.

I paid for one of the best carriers and wanted one of the best bolts to go with it. Their precision-ground gas rings with the carriers roller-burnished bore gives the lowest friction bolt operation I've ever had. I felt it was worth it to get the total package and be done with it.

I got the package on sale for $300 shipped and don't regret a dime of it. Buy once, cry once. Good luck!

I wanted all my AR guts to be coated/treated via nitrocarburizing, nickel boron, or unicorn tears. I went with the JP Lmos with a failzero bolt, cam pin, and firing pin.

I headspaced it once, and it's been super reliable since round 1. At the time I thought I may have been missing out with the JP bolt, but if I am I certainly don't notice it.

Either way, JP will always take care of you.

I am normally a buy once, cry once believer. I have a few JP parts already and have no doubt on the quality. I do not have enough rounds on any ar bolt to have been running one of the cheapest brands in my rifle. Maybe would feel different about the enhance bolt if I had a failure or malfunction with my current bolt but the big advantage I see it having is the JP gas rings. I can add that to any bolt it looks like, may not be as good, but I don't see myself as being able to tell the difference.