Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Performance Center 1911 (The one with the slide cuts)

Gdub

The features you describe are more cosmetic than anything else. The perception that cutting holes in the slide presents is that of a tricked out race gun. Now the reality is probably something else.

I didn't want the perception to be that you had to spend a bunch of money to compete in the 1911 single stack division.

I use a lightly tuned range officer, but now I have to explain to customers that the fancy looking S&W we have for sale comes with restrictions in competition.

Seems silly. A tri-top with Hi-power cuts takes more weight off the slide than those cuts on the S&W.

I appreciate that the line needs to be drawn somewhere, but this question is going to come up a fair bit with these guns.

I use a lightly tuned range officer, but now I have to explain to customers that the fancy looking S&W we have for sale comes with restrictions in competition.

Seems silly. A tri-top with Hi-power cuts takes more weight off the slide than those cuts on the S&W.

I appreciate that the line needs to be drawn somewhere, but this question is going to come up a fair bit with these guns.

Thank you for pointing out the restriction.