Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 Apeiro, which magazines?

DEP44

So I got an Apeiro ordered this week and I intend to use it in the couple of local 3gun matches I get to attend. No word on wait time yet :yawn:, but knowing nothing about 2011s I ended up looking up 2011 magazines and with all the stories about springs, followers, base plates and tuning kits I'm not sure what to get.

Since rules dictate no more than 10 rounds in the mag after the start and 140mm max it looks like 126mm mags would be fine, but they come in 10 and 12 round. Should I just get the 10rd version or take the 12rd and load only 10. Is one more reliable than the other? Does the 12rd have peek holes to verify the number of rounds in it?

Thanks in advance!

If you are possibly going to use it for matches other than 3gun get the 140's especially if you are going to put a magwell on it. Don't like the extra length go with the 126's but it will be nice to at least have the option for more rounds. I wouldn't get the 10 rounders as having the extra room makes for an easier reload.

Completely agree with the above post. Don't go with the 10's unless local laws require it. As mentioned, the 126's will likely not play well with a magwell. Go ahead with the 140's unless using the pistol for concealed carry or IDPA.

Edited by wgj3

Cool, just have to count when loading a magazine.

Now, about the magwell... I'll have to find out first if it's not going to be in the way, it may have to go as I have rather large hands. "Overhang" measured on a 1911:

post-6746-0-33170200-1440354248_thumb.jp

Yep, stay away from the 10 rounders. Most of the time it is tight to get that 10th round in and will be difficult to load on the clock. If local laws allow go with the factory 140's.

I have never heard of a 3gun match that only allows 10 rounds per mag. Is this a club rule?

• 1 month later...

Update: So far the magwell doesn't feel like it's going to bother.

The included magazine is a 12 rounder (fits 13). Its going to be 2 weeks before I have time to testfire it. :angry2:

post-6746-0-17437700-1443815681_thumb.jp

Edited by DEP44