Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Scope mount screw size ?

cecil

I want to order some scope mount screws to mount a Cmore upright scope mount on a STI ... don't know what size to order.. anyone know that info ? would like chrome ones 1/2" long where is the best place to order ?

tia

I like stainless 316 screws, like thse ones from mcmaster.com

90585A022

You will need to make them shorter.

The best way to trim these is to make a simple fixture - a sheet of 3/16 or 1/8" steel, with a tapped hole in it. You put the screw in, and file it even with the surface - that assures the end is flat and perpendicular.

Edited by Foxbat

Tried stanless screws look pretty but are soft used blue lock tight to keep them in place when I went to remove them heads on all of them broke off stainless is soft wont ever use them again plus 1 on 1911 store.com right length torques head no problems

Tried stanless screws look pretty but are soft used blue lock tight to keep them in place when I went to remove them heads on all of them broke off stainless is soft wont ever use them again plus 1 on 1911 store.com right length torques head no problems

Perhaps you used the 18-8 stainless, it is much softer. The 316 I have been using for some time, it never fails. Use red locktite and torch to release them.