Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Maintenance

lwink

Stag Arms' sister company Continental Tool & Machine Makes oem bolts and small parts for a lot of companies. I've yet to break one of my ten or so of theirs. Plus they are cost effective.

I'll have ta check them out. Thanks Jesse

The company is Continental Machine Tool not Continental Tool & Machine

So you want to search for a CMT bolt. BCM carries them, among others.

Stag Arms' sister company Continental Tool & Machine Makes oem bolts and small parts for a lot of companies. I've yet to break one of my ten or so of theirs. Plus they are cost effective.

I'll have ta check them out. Thanks Jesse

The company is Continental Machine Tool not Continental Tool & Machine

So you want to search for a CMT bolt. BCM carries them, among others.

My bad! I didn't even know they sold parts as CMT. Assumed everything went under the Stag Arms brand or was rebranded.

I have used Continental Machine and Tool bolts in most of my rifles. Haven't broken one yet but I'm going to keep trying. :cheers:

You don't need to line up the gaps in your gas rings. An AR will run fine with just one good gas ring.

The biggest thing is to keep it lubed on all the bearing surfaces with a lube that will stay put reasonably well. If you have oil freely running down from your upper and into your magazine, that is not a good thing.

It is far more important to keep it lubricated than it is to keep it clean.

My 1,000 yard gun gets treated like an Olympic gold medal winner, bore snake every 20 rounds or so, lots of TLC when I get home making sure to remove every last speck of fouling and I sing softly to it as I gently put her back in the safe.

My open sights gun... whenever it starts making weird noises I just swish it around in a mud puddle.

They both run equally well.

Edited by Absocold