Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH SLP Gas Piston Question

Putty

• 1 month later...

I borrowed a buddies sealed piston after the last 3 gun when my slp fell flat on its face... I have the "Universal" piston. Worked great for about 500 rounds, then stopped working.

Works flawlessly with the sealed piston.

Are there any issues with "overgassing" or extra recoil in the system with the sealed piston?

Why didnt FN make it that way to begin with?

Ryan

Edited by grndZr0

I couldn't tell any difference in recoil or overgassing between the two pistons, only the difference I felt was in what ever loads you are shooting. Not sure why FN doesn't use this.Lots of rounds thru the gun with no issues.

gerritm

SRM Performance/Surecycle. You send your FN/Win piston to them and it took a couple of weeks to get back. Not sure exactly what the process is, but if you look inside the piston you can see a spring. That is what broke on mine, probably between 500-1K rounds in the middle of a stage, went to single shot. With my SX3 I had the heavy piston and replaced it at the match and went on. Screwed the stage , but could finish the match. When you get the piston back you no longer see the spring, it is covered by steel. Takes the breakage of the spring out.

surecycle.com

gerritm

• 3 weeks later...