Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briar Rabbit OH20 September 2015 Match

I chose to squad with you and your dad again, Derek. Sorry 'bout your luck. :roflol:

Dragging the son-in-law along too. Sorry 'bout my luck. :eatdrink:

From the looks of Briar Rabbit's August match, this is going to become a very popular venue!

We do hope the turnout keeps growing. With that said, I was a little worried about 60 shooters on the stages at one time. I would like to keep the squads to 10 shooters to keep the flow moving. We did not seem to have any backups during the shoot. But at what point do you guys feel another time slot is needed.

I think as long as the squads are even and everyone is helping to keep it moving, it would be fine. 8-10 shooters per squad seems to work the best, IMO. Not too many that you get bored waiting for the next stage and not too few that the stage takes a long time to set back up.

Another issue is having a fast classifier with long field courses. El Presidente takes a very short time to complete a squad with the next stage being 32 rounds, you could get a back up.

I like 8 person squads. They are big enough that the stage can be run and reset efficiently and small enough that it doesn't feel like you have been at one stage forever.

I thought your last match was well run. Especially considering it was the first match using practiscore. (Big thanks to Dave Snethcamp for your help)

I think if you let people know that you are doing multiple flights and that they won't be responsible to help set up and tear down your watch will be big. You have the potential to draw in shooters from farther away if they don't have to wake up at 4 in the morning to make it to a match.

I chose to squad with you and your dad again, Derek. Sorry 'bout your luck. :roflol:

Dragging the son-in-law along too. Sorry 'bout my luck. :eatdrink:

From the looks of Briar Rabbit's August match, this is going to become a very popular venue!

Haha that's fine with me, we have had a great time with you guys the last two months.

I think if you let people know that you are doing multiple flights and that they won't be responsible to help set up and tear down your watch will be big. You have the potential to draw in shooters from farther away if they don't have to wake up at 4 in the morning to make it to a match.

With that being said I will keep an eye on the squads. I may go ahead and put a second flight together.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I started an afternoon squad after talking with some shooters this past weekend. Afternoon squad will start at 1:30 pm. This will make it easier on those that have travel time. As always our stages will be set. You are not asked to help set on tear down. Just come shoot and go home. Reshoots will be put right in with the afternoon rotation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shot first time at Briar Rabbit today. What a nice facility!

I have shot every match so far, and it has become my favorite level 1 match.

Lacks a bit in the long field course department, however, they plan to remedy that with the next five stages. Chuck told me they fully intend to keep working until they have a range suitable for a 10 stage level 2 match. :bow: