Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Casefeeder Motor stopped - RESOLVED

If it cooled off and still doesn't run, odds are its toast. You can use a multi meter and run continuity test to see if something is burned up. if you get no readings, the motor is done. This is the motor that Dillon uses to the best of knowledge on the newer casefeeders Dayton 3m098 They are 45-55 bucks from ebay to amazon to walmart.

Adios

i know its dumb but you checked the micro switch right?

wasn't dumb.... that was it. It had been hanging up a little tonight, but I thought I checked that before posting.

The other thing that had me thinking it was the "motor" was, it seemed to be dragging and really slow. So not only was the switch hung up the clutch on the plate needed to be tightened up. Between those 2 items I thought I had a bad motor.

Also, good to know the motor may not be overly expensive if were needing to be replaced.

edited: thank you for the suggestions

Edited by Butterpuc

The motor is not too expensive, but you would need to drill its shaft and put in a roll pin. Not too hard, but not a job for everybody either.

BTW, if someone is going to check the motor with an ohm meter, its normal resistance is about 42 Ohms.