Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

85 Combat

hlpressley

Why doesn't more people use the 85 Combat in competition? It obviously doesn't have the dust cover that the SP-01 has so it lacks a little nose weight but I would think it would still be a good option. Am I missing something?

No idea. I picked one up recently at a price I couldn't refuse. just finished the trigger job, installing the comp hammer and fitting the safety. I have a mink built shadow sp-01, a transitional pre b and now the 85c. It certainly seems to be the best value for a cz that lacks a fpb. Just from dry firing, I think I'm in love.

If you can find a clean transitional pre b, it would probably be cheaper, but once you factor in refinishing and unknown wear and tear on the beaters you are likely to find, plus the adjustable rear and the adjustable travel on the 85c, you definitely come out ahead with the 85c. It worked out a couple hundred cheaper than my pre b, all in. I will caveat it that my 85 came with a cgw short reset disco and extended firing pin, so im into it for less than I should be.

Edited by tha1000