Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Safties

leemoe83

I have replaced my Stock 2 safety with the smaller single sided safety, yet I'm still having problems inadvertently activating it with my support hand. Does anybody have some recommendations on how to modify the frame or safety to make it harder to put on safe? It needs to work, but I'd like to make it very hard to activate.

I grip it high and ride the safety. Can't activate it when it's being pushed down.

I would do that, however, my thumb doesn't reach. That's why I'm searching for a mechanical modification that remains prod legal. I've already worked the frame and made it harder to engage. Was just wondering if anybody had come up with a better solution.

I have replaced my Stock 2 safety with the smaller single sided safety, yet I'm still having problems inadvertently activating it with my support hand. Does anybody have some recommendations on how to modify the frame or safety to make it harder to put on safe? It needs to work, but I'd like to make it very hard to activate.

I grip it high and ride the safety. Can't activate it when it's being pushed down.

I would do that, however, my thumb doesn't reach. That's why I'm searching for a mechanical modification that remains prod legal. I've already worked the frame and made it harder to engage. Was just wondering if anybody had come up with a better solution.

I want to know how to make the safety harder to activate too

just to piggy back on this thread......I want to run a left side safety only,since I engage the right side safety with my strong hand at times. Instead of buying a single sided safety for $80....could I just pop off the right side safety and run the gun like that while still remaining production legal?

Take a safety out and look at it. Tanfoglio safetys have a hub that is integral to the left side paddle. It has a hole in it, with a spring and a ball detent that is permanently captured via small indentations in the safety body. Because the spring is not accessible I'm not sure how you could stiffen up this action. I actually have a friend that managed to wear out the notch in his frame that the ball detent rides in from repeatedly flipping the safety up and down when he was bored. To my knowledge the only solution at that point is a new frame, or possibly a new safety.

As far as a right side only safety. There is a chance you could grind the left side paddle down flat so that just the shield portion is left, but I'm not sure about legality at that point...

This image makes it pretty clear:

102111_1__83826.1442929871.370.370.JPG?c

just to piggy back on this thread......I want to run a left side safety only,since I engage the right side safety with my strong hand at times. Instead of buying a single sided safety for $80....could I just pop off the right side safety and run the gun like that while still remaining production legal?

As posted in another thread, removing the right side safety is Production legal as it provides no competitive advantage.

As posted in another thread, removing the right side safety is Production legal as it provides no competitive advantage.

perfect! thanks!