Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 slides and barrels

StraightSh00ter

I have a couple of questions:

*What is the difference between the slide that comes on the standard 75B, and the one on the SA and 75 shadow? Is it just aesthetic? (See the pics below)

*Can a 75 Shadow or 75B in .40 be made into a 9mm with just a barrel and mags, or is it much more than that?

cz-usa-cz-75-b-sa1-480x320.pngcz-usa-cz-75-b-9mm-black-480x320.png

75B slide has firing pin block, narrowed at the front and has a bushing for a barrel diamter of .501

75B SA slide has firing pin block, has the full slide profile and bushing for .501 barrel

75/SP01 Shadow slide has no provision for firing pin block, keeps the slide profile and rails all the way to the end and has bushing for a .550 barrel

75B/SP01 Tactical .40 slide has firing pin block, has full slide profile and bushing for a .550 barrel.

so you could take a 75B 40 slide fit a Shadow 9mm barrel to it. It may work or it may not depending on tolerance due to the 10mm breechface vs the 9mm breechface.

for that matter you can take a TS 9mm barrel and do the same thing. lower lug will need some fitting in a 75 frame too.

Edited by eerw

Thank you. So it sounds like it would be a risk because of the breech face?

I know more shooters running that setup on the Tactical Sport guns. for most part, they are saying it works and its good. I have hear some report some failures to extract, which is what I would expect.

I just cant make any promise that it does work.

Thanks Himurax, that's good to know. It would be pretty sweet to have a gun that can go between Major and Minor with a quick barrel and extractor change.

Does the Shadow come with a better barrel than the 75SA? I'm curious because of the different bushing sizes.

Edited by StraightSh00ter

I believe the .40 S&W barrels have the same outer diameter as the 9mm SP01, 9mm Shadow, and Tactical Sport barrels.

The regular 75B and 75BD have different outer diameters.

The Mecgar 9mm 17/19 round Anti Friction Mags and the .40S&W 12.14 round Anti Friction Mags can use 9mm or .40 in either mag.

Edited by himurax13

At this point I'm leaning toward a Shadow for the base gun (discussion in different thread), but that means I could still drop in a 75B .40SW barrel at some point if I wanted to play around with it (well depending on extractor I guess). That might be fun!

The longer TS barrel in the Shadow/75B frame sounds like fun too :)

Edited by StraightSh00ter

Although the barrel bushings are the same width, you will not be able to fit a .40 barrel into a 9mm slide. The breechface on the 9mm is thinner than the 40 slide and will most likely not work.

Now with most .40S&W to 9mm conversions will work since the .40 breech face is larger so the 9mm will work, but I have never seen it work the other way around on any pistol.

I sold both of my .40 SA slides to folks who wanted to convert their 9mm to a .40.

The longer TS slide in the 75b SA frame is fun. ;)

I run a cz customs shadow 91715 in uspsa production, then in the afternoon i mount the shadow slide on a single action 75 lower, still 9mm so no major power factor but lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk