Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring your own targets

Catfish

I actually experienced it for the first time this past Thursday night. It was a 34 round field course...I think my time was around 9 flat. By the end of the stage I knew how many points I was down and on which targets.

Very very cool to experience....I've never quite seen the dot move like that before.

I like to see them if I can, but in respect of keeping things moving, I sometimes don't look at all of them. I shoot a lot more points than I used to, but I am not sure it has anything to do with walking through the ruins.

The affirmation of good groups when you know your time was competitive can give you confidence, though.

Derrick wrote:

" Watching the top dogs shoot, I've come to think that it's not who pulls the trigger the best, reloads the fastest, or who can transition from box A to box B who wins.

It's the shooter with the ability to get through the match with no mental mistakes.

And that's where I want to be."

Its just like you to want to be the one to get through the match with no mental mistakes. Just exactly like you.

Regards,

:D:D:D

Thanks Mike! :lol:

I try to check targets since some RO's have missed some scoring, heck we are only human and its a check and balance.

In a club match or practice the time is half the story or less. The targets tell the tale.

Xre,

Right now I'm A class in Open and B in Lim, L-10 and Prod. I don't take this sport real serious and haven't practiced in 3 years. I spent most of 02 and 03 out or recuping from old fart driver induced back surgery. :angry: Basically I'm shooting on natural ability at this point.

Sorry to hear about your back :( That sucks...

This helps put things in a little more perspective, as far as where you're probably at in your head vs. where I might be.... I tend to be on the opposite side - take things too seriously, and tend to feed myself negatively, if I don't take action to stop it (I'm naturally somewhat pessimistic, so...). Thanks for sharing :)

Calling shots as you shoot is way cool - definitely found it easier w/ an open gun. Now I get to try w/ a SS for a while :)

I agree w/ Loves2Shoot - the less I think about what I'm doing, the better I do. The rest of my routine is in place to *keep* me from thinking about things.... I know it doesn't make much sense on the surface, saying it like that. The routine's purpose is give my head something to do to prevent it from doing the wrong things....