Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Living In 2005

lynn jones

Subject: Living In 2005

>

> Living in 2005:

>

> You know you're living in 2005 when...

> 1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

> 2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

> 3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

> 4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

> 5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

> 6. When you go home after a long day at work, you still answer the phone in a business manner.

> 7. You make phone calls from home and accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.

> 8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.

> 10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.

> 11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.

> 12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.

> 13. Every commercial on television has a website at the bottom of the screen.

> 14. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years

> of your life, is now a cause for panic, and you turn around to go and get it.

> 15. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

> 16. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)

> 17. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

> 18. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

> 19. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

> 20. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list. AND NOW YOU'RE LAUGHING at yourself. Go on, forward this to your friends ...you know you want to!

>

>

Number 8: Lynn you've been working on the desk next to mine and I didn't even know that...you could have said hi! :D

Number 11: don't even get me started on that! I will only say that if you can't do it, how can you pretend me to do it (and for a "yesterday" deadline), at least, if you're not able to do it, I should be getting your salary!!!! :angry:

#'s 8, 10, and 11 all apply to me except I sat in the same cube for four years and my payroll checks came from 5 different companies: FMC, SHL, MCI, WorldCom, then EDS..... I learned about WorldCom outsourcing to EDS while watching CNN (#10). To show you how tight the fit was....the division of WorldCom I worked for was the Central Division Outsourcing Data Center. Oh yeah, I was redundant. BTW, in case you were wondering, EDS stands for Eventually Does Something. The place is like the land of Oz...complete with flying monkeys and policies devised by mental munchkins. It's all smoke and mirrors then you pull back the curtain!