Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

power pistol question

Shmella

I thought I read on here and saw a picture of someone who loaded up and shot 100 rounds or so out of an open 9mm with power pistol and reported it basically cleaned all residue out of their compensator. Has anyone had this experience with power pistol? I cant find the post again and think power pistol was the powder talked about. Ive read its really flashy which would make sense that it would singe off any gunk by basically flame throwing the stuff out of there, but Ive never used it.

I like the idea of shooting more to clean the compensator instead of actually cleaning it with my hands...

I use Power Pistol in minor with jacketed bullets. That's fairly clean but with lead bullets it's dirty. Still have to clean the comp either way. I just spray Dillon case lube in the comp every 100 rounds or so. That keeps the residue soft so it's very easy to clean.

Good to know thanks for the input all. maybe I'll stumble upon that post again someday but in the meantime looks like I'll be cleaning the comp the good ole fashion way. I'm going to give the Dillon case lube a shot thanks again