Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rounds would not chamber

itzjere

By the way I confirmed all of which I found with the extractor removed to be sure my findings were correct

Can you post a link to some of what you were finding?

I'm not trying to challenge that longer brass is causing the issue. All I can say is that tuning the extractor and polishing the top of the chamber made the issue go away for me.

I'm not about to start measuring all of my 9mm brass.

I looked at your posts on your profile but didn't see anything.

Is the .754" referring to unsized or sized brass? Fired pistol brass is shorter due to the case expanding 90* of the cases' longitudinal axis, thus shortening in length. FL sizing will increase the length of the brass anywhere from .005" to .010".

Edited by d_striker

I test fired my new accu shadow black this weekend. It run perfect with freedom munition ammo 1.14 aol 147gr. The problem I had when it won't chamber was the magazine. The original cz mags was the problem. It ran perfect with the megcar. Thanks.

P.S love the gun. Trigger is just perfect. Thanks Stuart!

Have you found the problem and/or solution(s)? Very curious.

Case length and crimp were my first thoughts until you said same problem with factory ammo.

Two issues to check at breach face. First remove extractor and ensure and the channel are clean. May need to replace extractor spring. To much tension on extractor spring coupled with lighter recoil spring could cause feed issues.

My o1 has a grove on the left side of the breach face where the extractor presses the rim of the case. If this grove is fill with debris/powder residue, feeding isuues ensue.

Hope this is helpful.

Have you found the problem and/or solution(s)? Very curious.

Case length and crimp were my first thoughts until you said same problem with factory ammo.

Two issues to check at breach face. First remove extractor and ensure and the channel are clean. May need to replace extractor spring. To much tension on extractor spring coupled with lighter recoil spring could cause feed issues.

My o1 has a grove on the left side of the breach face where the extractor presses the rim of the case. If this grove is fill with debris/powder residue, feeding isuues ensue.

Hope this is helpful.

I can't say for certain that I have.. My suspicion is that it was a combination of a dirty chamber and heat.. The fact that all rounds would drop into the barrel about an hour later leads me to believe it was these two items combined that made for a tight chamber.. My brass measures fine.

I initially suspected the extractor, which is why I removed the barrel to do my drop tests, and it still displayed the same issue at the range..

I have given my CZ a really good detail strip and clean since I was installing a new hammer this weekend.. Have not had a chance to test fire yet, but will see if I can get out this week to try before my steel match this weekend..