Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 16-40 sear spring replacement. Its a little longer than the rest

dogtired

The springs I ordered before fits a single stack. Sarco had some double stack springs, so I ordered a few. I hope they fit. BTW, they also had grips for $5.

Edited by kmca

Last week I replaced my sear spring in my Para 1640, with a Nowlin tool steel sear spring. And image that... it was too short! I remembered reading this blog!

I thought about it a bit, on what to do? Thinking this is nonsense!! Took out the dremel tool, a cutting disk...which was too large to fit in the frame channel. Grounded down the disk, on the surface of a grinding wheel, until it fit in the channel. Place the new spring in the channel, so the left leg would be where it need to be against the sear, drew a line at the bottom of the spring. And cut a new slot.

Now with the new slot, i can use any sear spring and the slot is tighter, so there is no side to side movement with the sear spring!

That is what I would recommend, forget trying to find sear spring that will fit. You probably wont find one!

• 4 weeks later...

Well an update, I had added the Para-Ord sear spring on my Brownells wish list that was mentioned earlier #199-000-022. It finally came back in stock and it appears to be the longer sear spring version. It was about $6 or so. For those of you wanting a replacement, it should do it...

Well an update, I had added the Para-Ord sear spring on my Brownells wish list that was mentioned earlier #199-000-022. It finally came back in stock and it appears to be the longer sear spring version. It was about $6 or so. For those of you wanting a replacement, it should do it...

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to jump on a couple but they're out of stock again. This time I signed up for notification :-(. My original one is still OK but not having a spare doesn't feel good.

It appears sarco has a lightened sear spring and a standard. Which one did you get?

The springs from Sarco are the right ones, if you're still looking. The shipping took almost 2 weeks, seemed like forever in this day of Amazon Prime :)