Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC - Question about digital camo paint on guns.

czbeardly

Under Rule 5.3 - Appropriate Dress, Rule 5.3.1 states that camoflauge or similar types of military or police garments other then by competitiors who are law enforcement or military personell is discouraged.

I have no problem with these rulse at all, however I have seen alot of digital camo on guns in Standard and Open division. Also on some rifles and shotguns, and even on CZ official team cloathing.

Have tried searching around the web but has not found anything clear on the matter.

5.3 is about garments, not firearms. Nothing in the firearms section (5.1) about finish. For standard and open, it should be fine. As to why someone would want that, you would have to ask them...

ChuckS is correct there is nothing in the rules re the finish on guns other than Division requirement However in regard to clothing the MD is the arbiter of whether or not the clothing is ok. I have asked the higher ups at IPSC about the CZ team uniform and they said its not actually regarded as camo.

5.3 Appropriate Dress
5.3.1 The use of camouflage or other similar types of military or police garments other than by competitors who are law enforcement or military personnel is discouraged. The Match Director will be the final authority in respect of what garments must not be worn by competitors.
Edited by terrydoc