Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing hammer retaining pin

itzjere

I was taking my CZ apart for the first time today, and when it came to removing the hammer pin, I did not have a hammer retaining pin. Should I be concerned or is this something CZ has started to do? I purchased my pistol at the beginning of the year brand new. I have a put a few thousand rounds down the pipe and never noticed the hammer pin walking..

I was taking my CZ apart for the first time today, and when it came to removing the hammer pin, I did not have a hammer retaining pin. Should I be concerned or is this something CZ has started to do? I purchased my pistol at the beginning of the year brand new. I have a put a few thousand rounds down the pipe and never noticed the hammer pin walking..

Are you talking about the small pin that sits verticle, blocking the hammer pin? I believe its the pin referred to as a #9 pin if I'm not mistaken. You might want that there to keep the hammer pin from walking out if it has the verticle hole to accept one.

Are you talking about the small pin that sits verticle, blocking the hammer pin? I believe its the pin referred to as a #9 pin if I'm not mistaken. You might want that there to keep the hammer pin from walking out if it has the verticle hole to accept one.
Yes pin #9. I have a channel for the pin.. just no pin.

I looked back to photos of when I dros'd the pistol and no sign of the pin. I guess I'll order one!

I looked back to photos of when I dros'd the pistol and no sign of the pin. I guess I'll order one!

I may have some laying around here at the house, PM me your address and I'll just throw one in an envelope with a stamp, no sense paying the shipping if that's all you need, let me know.

I may have some laying around here at the house, PM me your address and I'll just throw one in an envelope with a stamp, no sense paying the shipping if that's all you need, let me know.

Wow, thank you!