Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AP Customs shot shell carriers – screw/thread size

AP Customs shot shell carriers – screw/thread size

I have ordered some of the AP Custom shot shell carriers but, due to lack of availability, I have had to order a style different to those I actually need. The ones I wanted were the QL/8, but I could only get hold of the QL/8C (which is where all 8 are next to each other).

When I get the QL/8C I want to alter them to the same design as the QL/8 so I will have to make my own backing plate. As these plates are drilled and tapped I will have to order a tap to suit, but as I am in England I will have to order the tap in as I only have metric sizes available.

Could anyone let me know the thread sizes of the screws on the shell carriers as I will need to do this work as soon as they arrive (or before), and I expect them in a week or so. It may take me some time to order the tap as well so if anyone can get me the info asap I would appreciate it.

I have emailed AP Custom/Rhino but have not received a reply yet.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mick

UPDATE:- These have just turned up so this is now urgent - if anyone can help It would be greatly appreciated.

Your local Home Depot or Lowes will have screws and taps. IIRC, it is either 6/32 or 8/32. Just bring it with you and test it out.

:o Whilst I would enjoy a visit over to the states again, I think it may put me in the bad books with my good lady!!! :surprise:

Thanks anyway for your help.

If anyone could be a bit more specific without involving a trans-Atlantic crossing that would be helpful too!

Many thanks.

Mick