Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire Start position

pmd

sounds like it may be time to send an inquiry to DNROI to get a clarification ...

Clarify what? That they did in fact remove the "finger outside the trigger guard" wording? They had it highlighted as one of the changes at the time...

I know, their club has always been outlaw. Still a lot of big shooters shoot it anyway. I have shot Zig-Zag as late as 2010 in sanctioned Tier 1 and 2 matches. A number of clubs who don't normally shoot USPSA and have restrictions on moving with a loaded firearm have had SC matches without Outer Limits in the past. Its my opinion that the basic 8 stages should be recommended not mandatory on all matches below Tier 4 and 5 as long as they use all 6 classifier stages in tier 3. One way to grow this is to not limit the type of venues that can have matches. Some clubs don't have the room to put in Speed Option with its 35 yard stop plate.

• 3 years later...

The reason there are standards is....... so that things are standardized where ever you shoot. 

If you practice, dry and live firing several thousand reps from a start point 10’ away and 2’ high only to show up at an event to find the start point 8’ away and 6” high....

I understand not shooting outer limits because of space constraints but how tough is it to to find a 2’ cone and a tape measure?  😃