Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun Agg

RippinSVT

Guys, I'm getting into AP stuff hot-and-heavy. I want to shoot it all. Is the Multigun Aggregate match only shot with two guns, of which one category is designated as the "main"? I would like to shoot all 3 categories next year...is this possible? I've got an Open gun but also want to shoot an iron-sighted semi and revolver in Metallic and Production. It probably sounds dumb, but until I can shoot different categories back-to-back under stress, I won't be sure which path to focus on.

Thanks,

Kyle

No, you can only shoot in one category, either open, metallic or production. Multi-gun is shot on Tuesday with your other gun, you declare which gun is your primary gun and that one is shot Wednesday thru Friday, then the two scores are added together to compete in the aggregate match. The multi-gun aggregate is like a side match.

I'm young and dumb, and need to figure out which I enjoy most before focusing anymore time/money. Right now I've got four guns in the works for Bianchi...four. I need to get serious about one or two them.

Pick ONE, get that going and get some matches under your belt. Then start on the next one, then the next one. Each time making sure that the scores for the previous setup do not go down.

My suggestion is get the Metallic under way first, get that sorted. It gives you the best correlation between Open and Production.

To go up to (more complicated) open after metallic is just a change in Sights for all matches, mover base and how you approach Barricade for grip and technique.

To go down (less complicated, but no easier) all you have to do is minor adjustment with the first shot in an auto being double action as such, no prone pad and minimal mods to the gun.

I found that when I shot metallic exclusively for about 6 months my open scores went up, my X count went way up. I had time, lots of it. Just don't dick about wasting it.

Pick ONE, get that going and get some matches under your belt. Then start on the next one, then the next one. Each time making sure that the scores for the previous setup do not go down.

My suggestion is get the Metallic under way first, get that sorted. It gives you the best correlation between Open and Production.

To go up to (more complicated) open after metallic is just a change in Sights for all matches, mover base and how you approach Barricade for grip and technique.

To go down (less complicated, but no easier) all you have to do is minor adjustment with the first shot in an auto being double action as such, no prone pad and minimal mods to the gun.

I found that when I shot metallic exclusively for about 6 months my open scores went up, my X count went way up. I had time, lots of it. Just don't dick about wasting it.

Good advice, thank you. Right now I'm shooting 1750-1820 in timed practice with my Production gun, and 1550-1650 in matches when my nerves get to me (I can't shoot the plates under pressure apparently). I figured I need to shoot above 1750 with irons in a match before moving to an Open gun. I have guns for every category, I just haven't really played with the fancier ones yet.

Edited by RippinSVT