Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW SPGK1 for the 9mm TS

YellowShooter

Can anyone talk to me about this?

I am good with my current trigger pull weight and it is fairly smooth, my main objective is to reduce the slide force when it get back into battery for a flatter gun and faster subsequent shoots, will mainly use 115gr WWB or Federal.

Thanks!

I don't see how it would help. For one thing, the TS doesn't have a FPB, so you won't use that spring. And I don't see how a lighter hammer spring would decrease forward slide velocity. I would play with different recoil spring weights, and see which one works best for you and the loads you're using.

I have 15lb hammer springs in mine along with the competition CZ hammers wide and low. I didn't do the extended firing pin or firing pin springs and have no problem setting primers off.

I have a 13 lb recoil spring in my 40s&w and 11lb in my 9mm. The 40 is major loads and the 9 is minor and have found this to be flat with my loads and guns. I would look at a couple of different hammer springs from CGW 10,11 and 12lb and fund what works for you. I even have cut a coil or two off the springs to adjust even further.